One of my best friends is that infuriatingly talented type of crafter who can simply look at an idea and replicate it with ease. From heavy-duty designs to intricate recipes, she’s yet to find something she couldn’t tackle.
But if you’re more like me, any Pinterest-inspired craft attempt ends in messy, pathetic tears. Hey, at least we aren’t alone. Actually, these fails kind of make even me look like a pro.
1. This dino cake is adorable!
This, however, is actually frightening.
2. You just want to be these penguins’ friend!
But not this penguin. He’s seen some stuff.
3. Picky eater? No problem! Everyone loves Olaf from Disney’s Frozen.
Until Olaf finds out what really happens in summer…
4. Everyone wants a bite of these pixel cupcakes.
No one wants to touch these gooey green goblins.
5. Strawberry fudge? Two of my favorite things ever!
…I’m sure it still tastes good?
6. Perfect way to stay chic on the cheap.
Um, just tell everyone your kids made it.
7. Paleo bread for your diet-friendly sandwiches!
This just…isn’t bread. Not at all.
8. Sports fans can be cute, too, guys!
9. Breakfast is the most important meal, after all.
Lesson: don’t use tall jars.
10. A plate full of delicious Rudolphs!
A plate full of nightmares.
11. Elegant, minimalist, and sleek.
Big clump of nothing.
12. A yummy treat for every good girl and boy!
Santa’s feeling a little off this year, kids.
13. Seems simple enough…
Better book an appointment at the salon next time.
14. These happy snowmen will make everyone smile!
These melted clown faces will make everyone cry.
15. A perfect party treat for your little Spider-Man.
Try not to scar them for life, though.
16. What a happy Easter friend!
This guy is a friend to no one.
17. These pink peppermint cookies are precious!
These look like they came from the butcher shop.
18. I guess it’s not really his shade.
19. Add some peekaboo to your pumpkin pound cake.
Surprise, it’s mush!
20. A sweet twist on the typical taco.
Y’know, if the cookie decides to cooperate.
21. Tots + waffle maker = delicious hash browns.
…or maybe just a big mess.
22. Sleepy teddy bear…SCARY TEDDY BEAR.
23. A healthy alternative to the potato chip.
It’s even less calories when you can’t eat it.
24. This treat got too tipsy.
Luckily, my friend doesn’t mind helping me out with my crafty needs. (And by that I mean doing them for me.)